Contactless Dingin and table ordering are one of the positives that came out of the pandemic.
Even though we seem to be entering the post pandemic phase of the two year COVID world we’ve been living in, there have been some productive takeaways that society will continue to implement even when there is no COVID
Working from home is one of them. People have migrated to warmer and more exciting locations since they can work remotely. Most people wouldn’t go back to a desk job.
Another takeaway that the restaurant industry has stumbled across, (that has been particularly successful) is contactless table ordering. Plenty of studies show that contactless dining not only has many benefits, but is also preferred by 61% of restaurants and 88% of restaurants will consider using contactless dining after the pandemic, according to this survey
If you haven’t taken the plunge into the world or contactless bill paying, QR codes that link to digital menus, or any of the other awesome features that contactless dining offers, continue reading to learn some of the benefits to doing so.
What Are The Benefits Table Ordering?
- Turn static menus into interactive ones. Instead of having to print new menus all of the time you can simply change your menu with the swipe of a button. This is good for changing specials and getting rid of sold out items. That way customers don’t complain when they can’t order the dish that is sold out.
- More accurate ordering. Instead of a customer verbally giving a waiter an order who must remember it. When a client writes the order themselves and it goes right to the chef, there is no room for error. Which means happier clients and less food sent back to the kitchen.
- In certain countries where COVID restrictions require restaurants to keep records of who comes and goes in order to enforce contact tracing. A contactless dining menu software system like Orderific will automatically keep those records for you.
- Many people with compromised immune systems, or those who are generally hypochondriacal are still nervous about venturing out to restaurants. Contactless dining will make them feel safer and entice them to come out to your establishment more often.
- Table ordering is seamless and fast. People can sit, order, and pay without waiting for a waiter. This will increase table turnover. Faster table turnover equals more money. Right now there are more customers than there are reservations available due to staff shortages. Take advantage of speeding things up to get an extra service in and accommodate more people who want less available tables including outdoor dining options.
Have You Tried Table Ordering Yet?
As you see, there are many benefits to contactless table ordering. If there weren’t, so many restaurants wouldn’t be using it, and customers wouldn’t be requesting it! If you have yet to find a simple and affordable contactless dining system consider giving Orderific a try. They offer free demos and will make you a custom Qr menu code for you to keep. Even if you don’t sign on with them.
Click here to schedule a free demo and talk with one of our IT specialists.
How to Get Started With Contactless Dining
We want your restaurant to be successful. Your success is hinged on being prepared to embrace the inevitable changes COVID 19 will have on the future of the restaurant industry. Remember what they say! If you don’t grow, your business dies. The most successful entrepreneurs are the ones who assess the climate and adapt to suit its needs.